Monday 20 to Sunday 26 July 2015
This year, between Monday 20th and Sunday 26th July, why not celebrate National Countryside Week here on the North Norfolk Coast - Beautiful countryside & coastline, wonderful outdoor activities and lovely places to stay.
National Countryside Week is championed by The Prince’s Countryside Fund. It aims to raise awareness of the importance of the countryside to the UK and to recognise the people working tirelessly to maintain and promote rural Britain.
There are two main aims of National Countryside Week:
- Get outside and enjoy the countryside - Whether on your doorstep or further afield, take some time to discover our beautiful natural landscape and appreciate the people that work tirelessly to ensure it remains the place we all love and adore.
- Celebrate the best of British food and drink - With so many fabulous products home grown on our doorstep and so many great places to eat & drink, try something new this season.
Here are a few suggestions of activities and food & drink you might like to try this week:
- Hire a bike from Deepdale Bike Hire and discover the wonders of the North Norfolk Coast.
- Camp under the stars at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping - Wake with the dawn chorus and enjoy the North Norfolk Coast’s dark skies with millions of stars.
- Cook in the open air. Nothing quite like the taste of food cooked in the open air, under blue skies or under the stars. Pick up all your provisions from the supermarket at Dalegate Market.
- Join the National Trust Bioblitz, a race against the clock to record as many species as possible in 15 hours
More suggestions to follow.
Price: Prices of activities & accommodation vary
Location: Venues around Brancaster Staithe & Burnham Deepdale on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast
norfolk, countryside, week, stars, dark skies, accommodation, food, drink, bike hire,
Why not stay at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping for 'National Countryside Week'
Other Dates For Your Diary
|Henry Moore at Houghton Hall|
|01/05/2019 to 29/09/2019|
|Crab & Lobster Festival|
|18/05/2019 to 19/05/2019|
|Sam Coe & The Long Shadows - Sunday Session|
|Mundesley Beach Clean|
|Bacton Keswick Beach Clean|
|East Angles Brass - Sunday Session|
|Great British Cycling Festival|
|Norfolk Day 2019|
|Sense & Sensibility - Open Air Theatre|
|Sponsored Bike Ride 2019|
|Deepdale Festival 2019|
|26/09/2019 to 29/09/2019|
|Norfolk Walking & Cycling Festival|
|01/10/2019 to 31/10/2019|
|The Sheringham Shantymen - Sunday Session|
|Deepdale Conservation Weekend|
|08/11/2019 to 10/11/2019|
|Deepdale Christmas Market 2019|
|29/11/2019 to 01/12/2019|