10 Reasons for Half Term Independent Shopping on the North Norfolk Coast
Whatever the weather this October half term, the North Norfolk Coast, and particularly Dalegate Market in Burnham Deepdale, is a wonderful place to find independent retailers offering something different to the high street.
As so much of the shopping available in cities and towns becomes a clone of all the other high streets, why not escape to the North Norfolk Coast and enjoy wonderful independent retailers, big skies, wide open spaces and room to breathe.
Our Top 10 Reasons for shopping at Dalegate Market this half term.
1. One Stop Nature Shop offers wildlife watching equipment, including binoculars, telescopes, trail cameras and so much more. They’ll even help you find the wildlife to watch, directing you along the North Norfolk Coast to see the latest visitors.
2. Relish is an accessories and jewellery boutique, a treasure trove that needs discovering. Spend a few minutes in this shop just taking in the range. Please ask if you need help as Julie and her team can help style you.
3. Gone Crabbing have a wonderful range of Norfolk inspired clothing and souvenirs. Clothing for the children and big kids in your life, plus those special items to remember your holiday or thank your pet sitter.
4. The Hare & The Hen, a gallery of beautiful art and crafts, from many local artists. Philippa creates her wonderful pottery in the shop, with many pieces on sale and bespoke orders welcome.
5. Keshco's is an independent supermarket, offering all the usual groceries with local products and off-licence. One of the few petrol stations along the A149 coast road.
6. Pop Up Shops from Thursday 23rd to the following Tuesday 28th October in our beach huts.
7. Pop Up Shops from Thursday 30th October to Sunday 2nd November in our beach huts
8. Breakfast at Deepdale Café – Available all day
9. Winter Lunches and Sunday Roast Lunch at Deepdale Café – Including Brancaster Staithe mussels, soups, sandwiches and other delicious dishes.
10. Fat Face, which we know isn’t an independent retailer, but is a lovely shop offering clothing & accessories.
Oh, we might need to add a very important 11th reason.
11. Free Car Parking, the Coasthopper bus service drops right outside the door too.
If those reasons aren’t enough, then might we also suggest:
We look forward to seeing you this October Half Term, but remember that independent traders are for all year, not just holidays, and our lovely shops are open all year around. So you can use us as an excuse to visit this beautiful part of the world throughout the year.
More details on all our shops, café and other facilities are available on our website: www.dalegatemarket.co.uk