Saturday 30 November 2019
10am - 7-30pm
Stall and entertainment through out the day, finishing with the arrival of Father Christmas by boat and a fantastic Fireworks display.
Today’s timetable (all timings are approximate and subject to change)
• Dave the Piper parades down Staithe Street to start proceedings
• Festive funfair opens on The Quay
• Christmas market stalls open along Staithe Street and in the Wells Health Centre car park, The Maltings, and Staithe Street car park
• Lantern workshop opens - Wells Health Centre car park
• The Christmas Tree Festival opens its doors to visitors at the Gordon Barrett Memorial Hall in Clubbs Lane (open Friday 29th and Saturday 30th November, 10am - 4pm and Sunday 1st December, 10am - 12 noon)
10am to 4.45pm – entertainers perform along Staithe St and The Quay, including:
Blakeney Old Wild Rovers/Fakenham Ukes/Bell Folk/Xmas Punch & Judy/Norwich Samba Band/Diddy Long Legs/Charlie
Cheesecake/Fakenham Town Band/Thundermental/face painting/gingerbread man decorating/model balloon making
/chance to meet Kate Barmby from the Great British Bake off/meet the penguins and more
5pm – outside the Arthur Howell Deli in Staithe Street
The traditional switching-on of the town’s lights by BBC Look East husband and wife presenters David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
5.30pm – Assemble outside Bang In Wells for the start of the traditional lantern parade down Staithe Street towards the harbour at 5.45pm.
For safety reasons please don’t encroach on the parade while it is moving.
Accompanied children can also take part in the parade by decorating a pull-along cart with Christmas themed characters and lights.
Please register your entry and name at Mr C’s in Staithe Street by Friday 29th November.
6.30pm - Santa arrives at the Quay from the North Pole by boat
before a riot of colour explodes over the marshes as the fireworks spectacular gets underway
7.15pm – Santa’s grotto opens at the Wells Maltings
Location: The Staithe Street and Quayside, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1AH
Fireworks, Father Christmas, wells-next-the-Sea.
Why not stay at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping for 'Wells Christmas Tide'
Other Dates For Your Diary
|The Shackleton Trio - Sunday Session|
|Sherlock Holmes - Open Air Theatre|
|Twelfth Night - Open Air Theatre|
|Deepdale Festival 2020|
|24/09/2020 to 27/09/2020|
|Deepdale Conservation Weekend|
|06/11/2020 to 08/11/2020|
|Deepdale Christmas Market 2020|
|27/11/2020 to 29/11/2020|